Work Incentive Planning & Assistance
of South-Central Texas
Information about benefits and support for
Social Security Disability & SSI beneficiaries who want to work
Do you get Social Security disability benefits?
- Do you want to understand how work will affect your benefits?
- Did you know you can still receive some Social Security or SSI disability while you test your ability to return to work?
- Do you want to continue your education or start a business?
Social Security’s Ticket to Work program and work incentives make it possible to have a job and continue receiving benefits while you test your ability to work.
For General Information call the Ticket to Work Helpline
Or go online to the ‘Choose Work’ Website:
This website provides general information about the Ticket to Work program and work incentives. You can find out more about Community Work Incentives Coordinators (CWICs), Employment networks (ENs) and other employment-related assistance available in your area.
Work Incentive Seminar Events ‘WISE’
While online you can view webinars about the Ticket to Work programs and other helpful topics to assist you in your efforts to return to work. WISE webinars are hosted on the 4th Wednesday of each month. Information is provided specifically for Social Security and SSI beneficiaries with disabilities, and their families.
WIPA of South-Central Texas
WIPA of South-Central Texas is a collaboration of two centers for Independent Living, ARCIL and SAILS, working under a cooperative agreement with the Social Security Administration to assist SSDI and SSI beneficiaries to understand and apply various work incentives and other resources available for those who desire to work. Our Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICs) will assist you with your return to work efforts.
This document is funded through a Social Security cooperative agreement. Although Social Security reviewed this document for accuracy, it does not constitute an official Social Security communication.
The Social Security Administration Rules
These rules are called ‘Work Incentives.’
Work incentives are rules that protect benefits
while making an effort to work.
Work Incentive Planning & Assistance Program
What can you expect?
- An explanation of federal, state and local work incentives, and assistance with identifying when work causes a change to your Social Security disability and/or SSI Benefits
- Information about how the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS), and other Employment Networks can support your efforts to secure and retain work
- Advice on working and earning potential while receiving Social Security disability benefits
- Opportunities to explore employment options and long-term supports
Toll Free: 1-800-414-6327
Toll Free: 1-800-474-0295
Work Incentive Planning & Assistance of South-Central Texas
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Brooks, Caldwell, Cameron, Comal, DeWitt, Duval, Frio, Gillespie,
Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Jim Wells, Karnes, Kendall, Kenedy, Kerr, LaSalle, Live Oak, McMullen, Medina, Starr, Webb, Willacy, Wilson, Zapata
ARCIL and SAILS website Information:
Helping people with disabilities to achieve maximum independence, self-reliance, and financial security.
Call the TTW Helpline: